Farm Fresh Recipes
We will be periodically adding recipes that feature our farm fresh produce and meats as they are in season. Please check back regularly to see what we have added.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Homemade Spelt Hamburger Buns (using the bread machine)
Source: http://www.amynewnostalgia.com/homemade-hamburger-buns-from-the-bread-machine/ (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
~ They are hearty but still soft
~ Easy to make, utilizes the bread machine
~ The recipe makes enough to freeze some for later
~ They can be used for more than just hamburgers. (chicken salad, egg salad, dinner rolls, hot dog buns)
~ They are inexpensive
Serves: 16 buns
Step by Step Instructions
- Pour milk, water, melted butter and honey into a glass bowl. Microwave until warm, just to take the chill off. Add the egg.
- Pour into bread machine. Measure flour and put on top of wet ingredients. Make a little well in the flour, add yeast and salt.
- Set machine to dough cycle. When finished, take dough out, knead for a few turns, then divide into 16 pieces (12 for larger buns). Roll into balls, place on greased sheet (I used parchment paper instead), flatten tops down a bit, cover with a cloth and let rise 30 minutes until about doubled.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- *You can brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, coarse sea salt or whatever you would like.
Comments added by fellow market members.