Farm Fresh Recipes
We will be periodically adding recipes that feature our farm fresh produce and meats as they are in season. Please check back regularly to see what we have added.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Easy Herb Roasted Chicken
Source: http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2013/02/easy-herb-roasted-chicken.html (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
A tender, crispy roasted chicken with fresh herbs and simple ingredients!
Serves: 6-8 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange oven rack on bottom third. Prepare a large roasting pan topped with a rack. (You can also top a 13x9 pan with a small cooling rack)
- Remove giblets from chicken cavity and rinse whole chicken. Pat dry with paper towels and place onto rack atop roasting pan, breast side up.
- Place onion, garlic, and herbs into cavity. Coat chicken all over with olive oil using your hands. Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl and season chicken all over with mixture, patting on with your hands. If desired, tie legs with kitchen twine.
- Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on size*. If chicken is browning too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil. To measure temperature, place a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh without touching the bone. It should reach 180 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before carving.
Comments added by fellow market members.