Farm Fresh Recipes
We will be periodically adding recipes that feature our farm fresh produce and meats as they are in season. Please check back regularly to see what we have added.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Bowtie Pasta with Italian Sausage
Source: http://lilluna.com/bowtie-pasta-with-italian-sausage/ (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
If you like meat in your pasta, you will definitely love this Pasta Dish. It’s great, and the Italian Sausage adds that little bit of spice that makes it super delicious!!
Serves: 5 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, garlic, onion, and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt, basil and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.